Intelligent PDUs & Power Strip Controllers
Alongside the delivery of reliable power to the network environment, issues of power management are also a key concern to the network manager: unauthorized use of power outlets, locked-up equipment, in-rush current, overloaded circuits, and the need of remote access to power outlets within a rack.
Sinetica addresses these concerns with a range of intelligent power strips that, coupled with Sinetica’s Power-Hawk products, or Hawk-i, can provide remote power control and remote monitoring over IP, providing the benefits of
- SNMP management (gets / sets /traps).
- Inbuilt web server.
- Telnet communications.
Additionally, the power strips have terminal emulation, which is accessible via a KVM switch.
Uses of the intelligent power strip solutions include:
Power Balancing :- IT infrastructure managers can ensure that the individual phases available within the data centre are correctly balanced. This helps prevent infrastructure failure and makes more efficent use of power delivery components such as UPS, generator, harmonic filters etc. This also enables the infrastructure to be matched to actual enterprise needs.
Power Availability Check:- Power is provided to the load point using normal power delivery equipment. This usually has a finite limit before a circuit breaker cuts in to prevent overloading and droppping the load ( may be your application servers!). This can be avoided by monitoring power closely.
Billing Stream:- Monitoring KWhr enables certain organisations to bill their customers (Web hotels, hosting companies etc.) for consumed power thereby adding to their income revenues.
Remote Reboot & Power Control:- Locked up or unresponsive equipment can be rebooted remotely, saving on site visits. In addition, the power strips can be used for sequence start up of devices to prevent in-rush current.
Power Strip Features
- Aluminium housing with sockets angled for optimum cable dressing.
- Integral Pull-out 19″ mounting bracets.
- Clip feet for side OR end mounting (end mounting achieves an offset position to clear adjacent equipment)
- Rear or straight cable entry permits flexibility of cable feed to the PDU.
- External earth facility if required . Earth bonding to the cabinet is easily achieved.
- Full shrouded switches remove the pssibility of accidental switching.